Fine Arts Painter
Maryland native Brenda Kidera is a classic realist who paints landscapes and wildlife in her own backyard and in conservation areas, parks and waterways across the U.S. Her detailed oil paintings explore her passion for the birds, animals, flowers, plants, trees, ponds and streams she studies on her travels across the country and in the rural areas of Maryland where she lives. A keen observer who paints what she sees around her, Kidera captures moments in time with brushstrokes that convey the light and mood of a scene and the exquisite details of nature’s splendor. Watching the landscape she grew up in quickly disappearing, she hopes that her paintings will increase public awareness about our habitat and the flora and fauna living within it.
Beyond a fine art degree, Brenda studied classical oil painting and has attended workshops with several nationally recognized artists. Her work has been featured in many publications. Juried signature artist memberships include the Washington Society of Landscape Painters, Society of Animal Artists, Baltimore Watercolor Society, and Potomac Valley Watercolorists.
For many years, Brenda has taught painting classes and workshops and continues to paint commissioned portraits, landscapes and other subjects for a wide range of clients. Her studio is located in rural Woodbine, Maryland surrounded by gardens and wildlife, which are inspiration for many of her paintings. She lives with her husband, metal sculptor Ed Kidera, also an artist at HorseSpirit Arts Gallery.
• Juried Signature Artist Member of Washington Society of Landscape Painters: 2009 to present; Board Member
• Juried Signature Artist Member of the Baltimore Watercolor Society: 1987 to present. Served on Board of Governors.
• Juried Signature Artist Member Society of Animal Artists
• Juried Artist Member of the Potomac Valley Watercolorists: 1996 to present
• Past/Present Member of the National Watercolor Society, American Watercolor Society, Transparent Watercolor Society of America, Pennsylvania Watercolor Society, Oil Painters of America, Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association
• Howard County Arts Council
TEACHING – 1997 to present
• Adult Classes in Watercolor, Oil, Acrylic, and Drawing including: Private Group Classes at her Studio; Howard County Recreation & Parks
• Workshop Instructor for arts organizations including: Baltimore Watercolor Society; Delaware Watercolor Society; Annapolis Watercolor Club; Columbia Art Center; Art League of Ocean City; Olney Art Association; Carroll County Artists Guild; Chesapeake Decorative Painters Society.
• Guest artist/speaker for arts organizations including: Baltimore Watercolor Society; Washington Society of Landscape Painters; Olney Art Association; Annapolis Watercolor Club; Carroll County Artists Guild; Laurel Art Guild; Montgomery Art Association.
• Graduated with honors in art from Towson University.
• Studied art and architecture in Florence, Italy
• Studio Art: Private instruction with David Zuccarini
• Workshops: Martha Mans, Linda Moyer, Joe Fettingis, Nicholas Simmons, Louis Escobedo, Paul Jackson, Linda Baker, Frank Eber