Tara Will grew up watching the creative hands of her grandmother and had a love of creating from a young age. She attended Mount Saint Mary’s University in Maryland, double majoring in Art and Philosophy.
Tara has participated in numerous national plein air competitions, painting from coast-to-coast. She enjoys painting quickly, trying to capture the essence of the space using bold colors and strong marks. She predominantly works in pastels, but occasionally ventures into oils.
In 2017, Tara achieved her Master Circle Status with the International Association of Pastel Societies. She is a Signature Member of Maryland Pastel Society and an Associate Member of Pastel Society of America. Tara has been featured in the Pastel Journal’s Magazine Pastel 100 in both 2017 and 2018. She currently resides in Maryland with her husband and four small children.
Tara Will’s Recent Awards Include:
• Art in Ellicott City Award, 2019
• Ellicott City Grand Prize, 2019
• Works on Paper Award, Wayne Plein Air, 2019
• Olmsted Parks Award, 2019
• Door County, Honorable Mention, 2019
• Ellicott City Gino Award, 2018
• Wayne Plein Air “Plein Air Magazine” Award, 2018
• Chestertown Plein Air Best in Show, Artists Choice, 2018
• Brandywine Plein Air Second Place, 2018
• PASTEL 100 Honorable Mentions, Landscape and Figure, 2018
• North Carolina Pastel Society, Second Place, 2018
• Chestertown, MD Plein Air Best in Show, Artists Choice, 2018