Fine Arts Painter
From the time Molly could hold a pencil she loved to draw. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up Molly would confidently answer, “An artist!” Being the daughter of an avid outdoorsman, Molly grew up camping, hiking, fishing and playing in the streams and rivers around the Idaho National Forest. This began Molly’s lifelong love and passion of nature and wildlife, which she shares as the source of her inspiration.
“To be in nature, is to witness a thousand miracles. There is an endless variety of subject matter. Nature speaks the truth and there is so much beauty, wonder, grandeur to be found. It uplifts our spirits and is the best natural therapy for our souls. I hope to capture some of its beauty, wonder and peace and help connect and uplift my viewers to see and connect with our natural world”.
After graduating with a graphic design degree from Spokane Falls Community College, Molly continued to study drawing and painting with several professional artists and currently studies with nationally recognized artist Hans Guerin at the Shuler School of Fine Art.
Molly also shows at several Juried fine arts festivals throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, winning 1st place prizes along the way. Molly has also sold numerous paintings and commissioned portraits throughout the US, Canada and England. Molly’s studio is located in Marriottsville, Maryland which backs up to a wooded area full of birds and wildlife which is a great source for her art work. She resides with her husband and two children.
- Member and gift gallery artist at The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Frederick, MD
- Board Member of the Sykesville, MD painting club
- Member of the Carroll County Arts Council
- Curator of The Art Gallery at Eldersburg Library
Teaching – 2004 – present
- Elementary thru High School Art Teacher at Eagle Ridge Community Center – Spokane, WA
- Private art classes at her studio – Spokane, WA
- Workshop instructor for Sykesville, MD Painting club
- Graduated with honors in Graphic Design and Illustration, from Spokane Falls Community College – Spokane, WA
- Studied with nationally recognized artist Timothy Thies, Coeur D’Alene, ID
- Studies classical painting at the Schuler School of Fine Art in Baltimore, MD